Who are The Friends of Plaxtol Church?
“The Friends” was set up in 1979 to raise funds to help maintain the fabric of the Village Church.
Every 5 years the church has a structural survey carried out to determine necessary maintenance work.
The Friends are currently committed to paying £2,000 per year to build up a Fund held by the Diocese of Rochester (to maximise interest) for the benefit of Plaxtol Church. So, we need to raise £2,500 every year (we need to have insurance).
Money is drawn from this fund to finance the priority works following the recommendations of the Survey.
Other fund raising
In addition to the £2,500 mentioned above, we have agreed to fund other projects and have been delighted at the level of your wonderful donations:
- We put the chime back in the clock
- Supported the enormous restoration and repair work done recently
- Financed cleaning the chandeliers
- Helped to pay for the replacement sconces and many other projects
- We provide refreshments for all the Plaxtol Music Festival Concerts (Festival takes place every 2 or 3 years)
We have no membership, so receive no subscriptions, but each year we hold several fund-raising events, to which Plaxtol parishioners and others have given huge and generous support, both with help and attendance.
Thank you for your continuing support – it is great to note when there was a Village Questionnaire a few years ago, 72.1% of all respondents considered the Church to be of importance as an historic building.